During the summer we enjoyed a 5 week visit to England.
It was a wonderful time to connect with family, friends and church.
We were blessed with accommodation, transport and meals.
Big thank yous to:
- Pip & Maggie Lear for lending us their lovely home whilst they were away.
- The West family for squeezing us in for a fun packed week at the "Pudding Palace".
- Kingdom Faith for lending us a tent for a week!
- Adrian's parents for having us to stay for the final week.
- Jurrie and Ann for so kindly blessing us with the use of their car for our whole visit.
- Heather and Powerpack for giving us a money gift towards our trip.
- For all the wonderful meals and hospitality. I sure we have put on lbs!.
We had the opportunity to visit Cambridge, Southampton and Surrey Universities.
||Adrian was working full-time at Eurotherm and the indication was that there would be more work for hime during the year ahead.
Tom had the opportunity of 3 days work experience at Eurotherm
Jenny's Aunt Nadine and cousin Mariana and Mariana's family were also in the UK and so we enjoyed a family reunion and BBQ together.
It was also a joy to celebrate Adrian's parents Golden Wedding anniversary together with family and friends.
The couple, the cake...
And the cousins!
We loved to see how our home church, Arun Community Church, is blossoming and developing. We had opportunities to share about what we get up to in Thailand and received a lot of encouragement.
We had an excellent week with Powerpack at Kingdom Faith in Peterborough.
We were able to share about the work of Powerpack Thailand with the children.
We also had the opportunity to share over the Kingdom Faith camp radio.
We ran a Powerpack Thailand shop and also had an offering by the children to help with our project to translate Powerpack resources into S.E. Asian language. Over £800 was raised and we have already been able to send money to buy a printer which will help our translator.
We arrived back in mid-August just in time to rush the children into school and it has been pretty hectic since then. Hence I am only just getting around to writing this blog!